Let’s Get Ready
The transition from fun, summer workouts to interesting fall and winter workouts can sometimes be challenging. Here are some ideas to help you prepare (and keep the fun) for fall and winter training.
- Invest in warm, comfortable workout clothes: Do you have all of the clothes you need to step outside in the rain, snow, and wind? By purchasing these items now, you will be ready to get outside and enjoy the elements.
- Get a race on your calendar. Having a race planned in late winter or early spring helps get you out on your training walk or run during the “uncomfortable” days.
- Find a consistent running partner or group. The social and accountability part of a walking or running group may be all you need for a consistent, enjoyable workout routine.
- Have a minimum. How many minutes per day or days per week do you plan on training? Set the minimum and plan to make it happen.
- Have a plan. Putting your training into your calendar like any other appointment will keep your training and health a priority. We need you healthy so that you can do your thing in the world. If you need an individualized training plan, I can help. https://thefitschool.com/classes/online/
Here’s to a healthy and fun fall and winter training. Let’s do this!