Our Small Environmental Footprint = Good Planet-health.
Inspiring Many Footprints = Good People-health.
Here’s why we’re your environmentally green running and walking store!
- We buy 100% green power from Puget Sound Energy
- Whatcom Watersheds pledge member
- “Think Local First” sponsor of Sustainable Connections
- Alternative transportation incentives for staff (extra pay) and customers (SmartTrips card, etc.)
- We pass along good used shoes to athletic teams and shelters as needed
- We bring your worn-out shoes to a Nike Re-Grind collection location or good shoes to a charity in need
- Buy from other local independent businesses when possible
- Use of LED lighting throughout store
- Buy more sustainable shoes, as available from our vendors
- Embrace Sustainable Connections’ Toward Zero Waste (TZW) program
- Reuse of envelopes, packing materials and boxes
- Recycle all plastic film/bags
- Employ Foodplus for all compostable items
- Recycle bottles, cans, paper, cardboard, plastic containers
- Recycled paper used in store and for newsletter
- Sorting of all recyclable and compostable materials at each of our events