Even though December has the shortest amount of daylight and is usually the busiest time of year, we can still totally enjoy and have fun. Here are some ideas.
- Make a pact to get outside for at least 30 minutes each day. Just being outside and breathing fresh air can do wonders for your mood.
- Invite someone that you have wanted to get to know better on a walk or run.
- Choose a spring or summer race and start gradually training.
- Try a new trail in town or in a nearby town.
- Join one of Fairhaven Runners & Walkers Tuesday evening All Paces Run.
- Go on a group walk or run with friends and look at all of the holiday lights around town.
- Throw in some speed. For example, during one of your runs, add some speed-play like 1 minute fast, 1 minute slow for 25 minutes. Be sure to warm-up and cool-down slowly for 10 minutes before and after.
- Add daily strengthening routine. This could be as little as 5 minutes per day. Consistency is the key.
- Plan your walking and running goals for 2018. You can find a free goal sheet to help you get started at https://thefitschool.com/classes/online/goals/
Hope to see you out on the trails!