COACH'S CORNER

Insights and wisdom from lifelong runners with a mission to educate and motivate individuals to make small changes each day to live healthier lives and to have fun while doing it.

Coach Corner Image

Hot Tips for Hot Weather

by store staff Temps are heating up! Here are some tips from staff about running in warmer weather. Wear loose fitting technical materials, like polyester, for moisture wicking and to…

Read Article

Read More Articles From The Coaches

Coach Corner Image

Hot Tips for Hot Weather

by store staff Temps are heating up! Here are some tips from staff about running in warmer weather. Wear loose fitting technical materials, like polyester, for moisture wicking and to…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Race, Running & Inspiration

by Maxx Antush In recent weeks, there has been a renewed energy in the ongoing conversation about the lack of diversity in many segments of our society. The lack of…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Qua-RUN-tine Support Box

Missing your BFF (Best Fitness Friend) during the quarantine? Send them some love and encouragement with our Qua-RUN-tine Support Box! Each box includes a pair of GOODR sunglasses, a FootRubz…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Take an Active Role in Your Recovery

Coach Christopher Fredlund – “I’m not hurt, what am I recovering from?” “I sat on the couch and watched the Seahawks game, that’s recovery right?” “Is protein all I need…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

How I Fell Back in Love with Running – Going Long

Coach Conner Johnsen – My journey in running started with cross country at Sehome High School. The coaching staff really embraced the ideology of making running a lifetime sport for all…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

One idea for falling back in love with running

By Genevie Roguski My favorite kind of running has always been short and quick with the exhilarating feeling you get from the intensity. In my teens and 20’s I loved…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Adapt Your Physiology to Make Winter Running More Bear-able

As winter rapidly approaches and we find ourselves running in colder temperatures, this might be the winter to try adapting your physiology to make spending time out in the cold…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Tips for Getting Out On Colder, Darker Days & Nights

First thing in the morning, I check the hour-to-hour forecast and look for the best weather windows that day, then try to arrange my schedule to get outside for a…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Fun Ways to Beat the Heat!

From the staff at Fairhaven Runners- Go Jump in a Lake! Plan your run to end near the bay or a lake, and treat yourself to a cool dip and…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Getting kids into running in a healthy and fun way

From Coach T. J. Garlatz- Running is an amazing lifelong activity that can help someone both mentally and physically. Here are some answers to common questions and tips on getting…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Training in the Heat – Best Tips

From Coach Maxx Antush- Embrace a positive attitude about the heat Everyone’s performance is affected by the heat Your body will make long term adaptations over time to improve your…

Read More