COACH'S CORNER

Insights and wisdom from lifelong runners with a mission to educate and motivate individuals to make small changes each day to live healthier lives and to have fun while doing it.

Coach Corner Image

How to fly down hills…(or at least become more confident & capable with your downhill trail running skills)

Genevie: Personally, my favorite way of making it down a particularly steep and gnarly trail section is to get on my butt and either slide down or crab walk. All…

Read Article

Read More Articles From The Coaches

Coach Corner Image

What Drove Me to Burn 11,000 Calories in One Day?

15 hours of active time, ~80,000 steps taken, 145 miles traveled, 8,000 calories consumed, and 2-3 less toe nails than I started with. That’s my plan for July 16th, as…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

An Odyssey Getting to the Starting Line

Brian Esparza (wearing blue and red), finishing a recent 1,500m race, details his experience traveling to Portland for a track meet. Race day is undoubtedly my favorite day of the…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

A Life Well Lived

The local & regional running community has had a treasure in Gale Pfueller, a founding member of the Greater Bellingham Running Club and board member & treasurer into this year,…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Running Through Life’s Transitions

We have been so lucky to have Lydia as an employee over the past few years! Her warmth, experience, and genuine care for others will be dearly missed, but we…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Celebrating the First Signs of Spring and Where to Find Them

Spring arrives March 20th and we’re already seeing it’s first signs popping up all around us! Now is the perfect time to be mindful of and seek out these awesome…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

The Subtle Power of Confidence

Photo Credit: Ben Groenhout Something happened to me while I was putting on the finishing touches to my preparation for a 50k. I was just days out from the race…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Tips for Getting Out and Getting Going During These Colder, Darker Months

Who better to first ask for tips than our resident cold weather expert, staffer Kaleb, who grew up in Galena, a small town in the heart of Alaska and then…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Coach Conner’s Take on this High School Cross Country Season – Finally Here and Finally in the Fall!

Cross Country is back! I have been lucky enough to get to coach at Sehome High for the past 3 years, and as we head back into a regular, full…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Hot Tips for Warm Weather Workouts

Temperatures are heating up! Here are some of our favorite tips for warm weather training: Hydrating well going into the run, taking my shirt off and wearing my favorite brightly…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Celebrating the First Signs of Spring! And Where to Find Them Locally.

So many events that we would normally be looking forward to this time of year are not happening, but thankfully the show still goes on with the first signs of…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

5 Reasons to Love Running Alone (and how to do it safely)

By store staffer Sierra – Some of my very favorite things include traveling to new places, hearing my fiancé, Dillon’s happy voice, giggle-inducing people like Josh Vander Wiele (Happy Birthday!!),…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Getting Out On Colder, Darker Days & Nights – Staff Tips

Layering during colder weather is a must, so I like to make it fun by dressing in colorful tights, socks, and shoes. It makes running on the darker days so…

Read More