COACH'S CORNER

Insights and wisdom from lifelong runners with a mission to educate and motivate individuals to make small changes each day to live healthier lives and to have fun while doing it.

Coach Corner Image

3 Ingredients for Training Success

Are you ready to make 2019 your best walking, running, and/or racing year ever? The secret ingredients are a combination of speed, pacing, and long runs sprinkled with rest and…

Read Article

Read More Articles From The Coaches

Coach Corner Image

Ski to Sea. Racing the Running Leg Well!

If you’ve ever been at the end of the Ski to Sea race and watched the team members hurry toward the finish line to meet their kayaker, you have a…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Staying the course

My friend was feeling on top of the world.  She had just hiked up Pine and Cedar Lakes Trail and was running back down feeling exuberant, so exuberant in fact,…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Fall/Winter Running Tips

Self-massage (try The Stick) on cold muscles before heading out Range of motion exercises (leg swinging, arm swinging, etc.) Longer warmup run or walk than usual Dress knowing you will…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Midnight Run

Overnight running relays – they’re all the rage. You and some of your most adventurous (or craziest…kind of a fine line) friends pile into two vans and tag team, running…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Tips for Racing

What are you racing for? Fun? Fast time? Beat people? Dig deep and see what’s inside? Test fitness? To beat the clock or other folks–train better, race smarter, pace evenly. Decide on your race goal…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Renewal

So, what is it going to take? You know, to get fired up this year! What and where is the spark for your flame, your fire? Bill and Cami got…

Read More
Coach Corner Image

Not Overreaching

Well, it’s been a year or so since I reported on my running, so here is an update. It’s going well! I’m feeling good, racing well and enjoying the fitness…

Read More